SIBCR's mission is to improve the health and well-being of Veterans through research and education conducted at the both the Seattle and Tacoma VA Puget Sound Health Care System. SIBCR is dedicated to supporting research and education efforts by facilitating collaborative research projects with other federal agencies, voluntary health organizations, nonprofit professional societies, academic institutions and for-profit companies.
SIBCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
Date Posted: 5/26/17
Analyst for clinical research in liver disease, full time or part-time based at VAPSHCS.
- Work as a part of a large group of analysts, biostatisticians, epidemiologists and clinical investigators.
- Extracting analytic variables from national VA electronic records.
- May perform preliminary descriptive statistics or even more advanced analyses.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant experience in SQL, STATA and SAS.
- BA or BSs degree required, MS or PhD degree is considered favorable
Date Posted: 4/2/18
The Clinical Research Coordinator will work as a key team member on a series of studies based at the Seattle VA Medical Center. This position will require an individual who understands the basic principles of scientific investigation and clinical trials, who is capable of in-depth understanding of the study protocol, and is able to make complex decisions independently. The candidate must possess scientific, organizational, and interpersonal skills. A BA/BS or higher is required; a degree in scientific research-related field is strongly recommended. The position is fulltime; Monday through Friday approximately 8:00 – 4:30 pm. The salary is based on the applicant’s research experience and includes benefits.
- Provide daily operational support
- Provide technical assistance to facilitate compliance with applicable IRB, human subjects and data security guidelines and regulations
Assist with development and maintenance of databases and files
- Prepare written reports and document procedures
- Assist with subject recruitment for studies by screening for eligibility and obtaining informed consent
- Conduct study visits and administer questionnaires
- Enter data into study databases
- Prepare mailings
- Track recruitment activities
- Assist with grant submissions, including preparing applications, conducting literature reviews, and other tasks as needed
- BA/BS or at least 5+ years of employment in health research
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
Desirable Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with electronic medical record systems
- Knowledge of research compliance regulations
- Experience using the Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access