What is the balance in my account?
When and where can I pick up my check?
- SIBCR reimbursement checks are paid on a weekly basis.
- All checks are mailed to home address listed on request form.
- Exception: Participant checks may be picked up on Friday in Building 101 if indicated on the Check Request form.
Where do I send my SIBCR forms?
- All forms can be mailed to SIBCR, Mailstop: S-SIBCR-116-MIRECC.
- Forms can also be hand delivered to Building 101 to the SIBCR lockbox on the 3rd floor just off the elevators.
How do I use my SIBCR funds to purchase supplies for my project?
- At this time, orders must be placed with the vendors by members or an authorized designee.
- An SIBCR Purchase Order form is required for all purchases made using SIBCR vendor accounts.
- Fax the completed, signed Purchase Order to the SIBCR office at 206-204-6190.
What's the difference between a Purchase Order and a Check Request?
- Purchase orders are used when placing an order with a vendor in advance of payment.
- Check requests are used for reimbursement purposes, such as travel and subject payments.
Do I need to use specific vendors to buy products?
What if the vendor I need is not on the list?
- SIBCR's accounting department will establish and approve new vendor accounts in advance of the purchase.
- Please contact the vendor to see if they will accept a purchase order.
- If not, please contact the SIBCR accounting department with the new vendor information.
- You will be contacted once an account has been established.
- If there is an immediate need for a product from a new vendor, the order may be placed and paid with an SIBCR credit card.
- Submit a purchase order with the relevant ordering information and fax it to the accounting department at 206-204-6190. You will receive email notification that the order has been placed.
Can I put all of my projects into one account?
- Individual contractual rules or agency regulations govern each project or grant. Therefore, all projects must remain in separate accounts until completion.
How do I use SIBCR funds for travel?
- SIBCR may support expenses for domestic and foreign travel of authorized individuals to bona fide scientific meetings or for other research- related activities.
- Meeting and conference registration fees can be paid in advance by SIBCR. The request for registration fees can be submitted on the Travel Reimbursement form.
- Travelers should purchase their own tickets, pay all costs and seek reimbursement after the travel is completed.
- The request may be submitted on the Travel Reimbursement form. Please attach original receipts and submit the form for payment to the SIBCR office.
- Full reimbursement of reasonable hotel expenses will be paid with proper documentation.
- Meals and incidentals will be reimbursed at the federal per diem rate. Travel days will be paid at 75% of the federal rate, regardless of the time of departure.
- Click here for additional SIBCR travel policies.
Back to: Accounting Home