An SIBCR authorized signing official reviews and submits final proposals to sponsors on behalf of the Institute. Principal Investigators are not authorized to submit on behalf of SIBCR.
If a proposal involves collaboration with other organizations and a subaward may be required, please contact SIBCR at least 45 business days prior to the due date. Full sign-off from consortium institutions is required prior to submission to the sponsor. This process can take up to 4 weeks depending on the institution. This includes the University of Washington.
Please note that SIBCR will need to review detailed budgets and budget justifications for all proposals and subawards, including for NIH modular grant applications.
Here is an outline of SIBCR’s filing timeline:
45 business days prior to due date
Contact SIBCR grant administrator if your proposal includes a subaward at another institution. Full sign-off from consortium institutions is required prior to submission. This process can take up to 4 weeks depending on the institution.
20 business days prior to due date
- Administrative portion of application to the appropriate grant administrator (drafts are acceptable)
- Abstract/project summary
- Detailed budget with narrative justification
- List of all personnel with their employing institution
- Biosketches for key personnel/consultants
- Resources page
5 business days prior to due date
- Final draft of proposal for review
- Grant Review Form (internal document)
2 business days prior to due date
- Final proposal complete and grant submitted to sponsor
- PI Assurance Form (internal document)
Back to: Sponsored Programs Home